I’ve been on a crochet kick lately so I thought I would share some of the best tutorials, videos, patterns and other free crochet resources that I come across.
Right now I’m really excited to try this Owl Basket Pattern which I plan to make with t-shirt yarn that I made by hand from old shirts.
- The video for the owl basket is here:
- The free owl basket crochet pattern from Red Heart is here: http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/its-hoot-owl-container
- And a tutorial on how to make t-shirt yarn is here: http://wastedweekends.com/2013/10/21/how-to-make-an-ungodly-amount-of-t-shirt-yarn/
Materials That You’ll Need to Pick Up So You Can Work Less and Have More Fun (I learned the hard way):
- A rotary cutter. I got one 40% off at A.C. Moore. Just get the largest, sharpest one you can.
- A cutting mat. The ones they sell are pricey so consider the material and see if you have anything lying around your house. Check the local thrift store. If all that fails, you’ll have to pay up.
Here are some pictures I’ve taken while messing around with tshirt yarn and learning to crochet. Feel free to share yours in the comments. 🙂